Pursue The Compensation You Deserve After A Harmful Pharmacy Or Prescription Error
A medication error can be caused by the negligence of:
- A doctor who wrote the prescription
- A pharmacist who filled the prescription
- A nurse, physician’s assistant or physician who administered the medication in a hospital or any other care facility
- An anesthesiologist
The mistake may have been one or more of the following:
- Failure to screen the patient for allergies or contraindications, such as whether they are taking other drugs or additives that might create a negative drug-to-drug interaction
- Prescribing the wrong medication
- Prescribing the wrong dose
- Delivering the wrong medication or the wrong dose to the patient
- Failure to give the patient correct warnings and instructions
- Failure to respond in a timely manner when a patient has a bad reaction to a drug
A drug manufacturer may also be liable for manufacturing and marketing a defective drug that injures consumers. If you suffer an adverse reaction or if a family member suffers injury after taking prescribed medications, the injury may be the result of a medication error. You will likely need to have an independent investigation done to get the facts about how and why the pharmacy or prescription error occurred. Once negligence and liability are determined, a skilled trial lawyer with experience in cases like these can fight for the compensation you need and deserve. If you have suffered harm because of a pharmaceutical error, a wrong prescription or any medical malpractice issue in Ohio, Abramson & O'Connell, LLC, is available to help you get to the bottom of what happened. We will pursue justice for you to help you cope with your costs and losses.
Liability Questions After A Pharmacy Or Prescription Error
If you experienced a dangerous, negative reaction to a drug, it may take time to discover who was negligent – a physician, a nurse, a pharmacist or somebody else. Our plaintiff’s law firm has ample experience investigating liable parties, and we are prepared to investigate on your behalf. We are interested in helping you get the compensation you need and deserve after a prescribed medication causes you harm. You may need further medical care. You may miss out on work and lose income. You may have suffered irreparable damage to your body. Our law firm can help you pursue answers to your challenges through a damage claim or lawsuit against negligent parties.
The Attorneys At Abramson & O'Connell, LLC, Are Here For You
You are not alone as you grapple with the consequences of a prescription error or a pharmacist’s or anesthesiologist’s malpractice. From our law offices in Columbus, we serve clients throughout Ohio. Contact us at 614-461-3101, or send us an email.