EARNING JUSTICE FOR THE INJURED
Motor Vehicle Accidents
More than 10 million motor vehicle accidents are reported every year in the United States, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). While most accidents are minor, there are others that are far more serious, resulting in catastrophic injuries and even death. In fact, more than 40,000 fatalities are attributed to motor vehicle accidents each year in the U.S. In Ohio, more than 1,000 people die every year, according to NHTSA statistics.
At Abramson & O'Connell, LLC, in Columbus, we have dedicated our firm to helping the victims of serious personal injury, and our Ohio accident lawyers have nearly 50 years of combined experience in motor vehicle accident litigation.
Types Of Motor Vehicle Accidents
In general, there are several distinct types of motor vehicle accidents, including:
Causes Of Motor Vehicle Accidents
The following are some of the most common causes of accidents that can lead to serious auto accident injury.
Driver Behavior Issues
- Excessive speed
- Unsafe lane changes
- Aggressive driving or “road rage”
- Driver under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Failure to signal or yield the right of way
- Driver fatigue or distraction
Motor Vehicle Issues
- Defect in motor vehicle or tire design
- Improper repairs made on a vehicle
- Equipment malfunction such as steering or brake failure
- Lack of proper vehicle maintenance (often the case in large truck accidents)
- Poorly maintained roads, including potholes and debris left on a roadway
- Malfunctioning traffic lights
- Faded road signs or signs obscured by vegetation
- Improper roadway or road surface design
- Poorly placed utility poles, trees, raised medians or other obstacles
- Lack of appropriate hazard signage
- Poor road lighting
- Lack of traffic flow control or markings
If you have been seriously injured in a motor vehicle accident, you have a legal right to seek compensation for your injuries and losses. It is important, however, to contact a skilled accident attorney as soon as possible. If you live in the Columbus, Ohio, area, please contact the personal injury accident attorneys at Abramson & O'Connell, LLC. Call 614-461-3101 or send an email inquiry.