EARNING JUSTICE FOR THE INJURED
Workplace Injury Representation
Serious workplace injuries can potentially change the life and financial situation of a worker and his or her family in a second.
A victim of a catastrophic workplace injury may face a sudden loss of income and an inability to continue in the same line of work in the future, in addition to the physical pain and medical treatment associated with the injury. Special in-home care may even be needed for the rest of a victim’s life, just to perform day-to-day functions. In some cases, wrongful death in the workplace has occurred, as well.
The workplace injury lawyers at Abramson & O'Connell, LLC, are dedicated to helping workers who have been seriously injured on the job site. In fact, we have more than 50 years of combined experience in the accident injury field and understand the necessity and complexity of looking beyond workers’ compensation to determine whether other parties have responsibility for a construction accident or another type of workplace accident.
Causes Of Workplace Accidents
Following are just some of the most common causes of severe workplace accidents that can lead to life-changing injuries:
- Defective machinery
- Unsafe machinery modifications
- Poor equipment maintenance or repair
- Lack of safety measures or failure to follow safety precautions
- Lack of worker training
- Worker fatigue
- Inadequately secured objects
- Continued chemical or other toxic chemical exposure
- Failure to warn of safety hazards
Types Of Serious Workplace Injuries
Some of the injuries that can result from serious workplace injuries include:
- Brain injury
- Spinal cord or other neck and back injury (paralysis)
- Facial or other disfigurement
- Burn injury
- Loss of hearing or sight
- Organ damage such as to the heart or lungs
- Occupational-related diseases such as lung cancer
- Loss of use of limbs
- Repetitive stress injuries such as carpal tunnel syndrome and herniated disks from repeated lifting or strain
If you have suffered a serious workplace injury, you need the counsel of an experienced accident injury lawyer as soon as possible in order to seek the full compensation your situation warrants. Please contact our personal injury attorneys at Abramson & O'Connell, LLC, in Columbus, Ohio. Call 614-461-3101, or email us.